Arché will be automatically registered as a new product in your Expressive E account upon purchasing. However, you still need to activate your license in order to play with it. For this, we rely on PACE Licensing Support, the company behind iLok. You don't need a USB dongle though, since we support software activation directly on your machine.
1. Go to your Expressive E customer account and head to My Downloads and Serials.
2. You will find the activation code needed to redeem your license next to the plug-in's entry in your MY PRODUCTS section. Please copy it to the clipboard.
The following steps explain how to activate an Arché title on a single computer. If you plan to use Arché on up to 3 computers at the same time, please head directly to Activating Arché with iLok License Manager.
1. Open the DAW in which you plan to use Arché. During the launch process, your new plug-in will get recognized by the DAW and the activation window below will pop up.
If the activation window shown above doesn’t appear during the launch of your DAW, please try to create an instrument track with your new plug-in inside your DAW. If you can’t find your new plug-in in the plug-in list, head to the preferences of your DAW and rescan all your plug-ins manually.
For Windows users: Please be aware that the VST plug-in’s *.dll will always be placed in C:\Program Files\Vstplugins. You want to make sure that this folder is part of the folders that are scanned by your DAW. Alternatively, use Windows Explorer to move ArcheViolin.dll, ArcheViola.dll and/or ArcheCello.dll to the folder that you normally use for 64-bit VST2 plug-ins.
2. Enter your activation code & click on “Next”.
3. Enter your email address. It is important to keep your license safe in the future.
Note: If you already have an iLok account, you can activate the box saying “Register with my existing iLok.com account.” in order to take ownership of the license and keep it safe in your iLok account. This is necessary if you want to install Arché on several computers without using an iLok dongle.
4. Store your license either on your computer or on an iLok USB dongle.
5. Click on “Continue” & enjoy your plug-in!
Note: If you canceled the activation routine by clicking on QUIT in the activation window, it could lead to your plug-in being blacklisted by your DAW. You will have to FORCE SCAN your plug-in to be able to access the activation window once again.
How to FORCE SCAN in some popular DAWs:
● ABLETON LIVE: Alt + Click on 'Rescan'
● REAPER: 'Clear cache/re-scan' instead of 'Re-scan'.
● LOGIC PRO X: Once the plug-in is selected in the plug-in manager, click 'Reset & Rescan Selection' and wait for the validation to complete.
If you never get shown Arché in your DAW, or if it is shown, but the activation routine above never appears, it means your plug-in was not activated. Activate it via iLok License Manager to make sure the process is successful and the plug-ins appear and work as intended in your DAW.