2. - Overview over Lié's interface and Main Menu
Lié's graphical user interface
1. Menu : Allows you to create and save presets, and access other settings (see paragraph below).
2. Browser : Displays your preset library. See Browser section.
3. Slot Center : Allows to link a parameter of your synth to an axis of movement on Touché (SE). Also contains the Preset and Plug-In field as well as the toolbar. See Slot Center section.
4. Scope : Displays the pressure you’re applying on Touché SE. This area can also display the Sensitivity Curve Editor. See Scope and Sensitivity Curve Editor.
5. Options : Displayed in the standalone application of Lié only, this button opens the Audio & MIDI settings of the app.
6. Virtual keyboard : Allows to play notes by clicking or by hitting a note on your computer's keyboard. It only appears in the Lié standalone application.
Note : Hovering your cursor over the Lié logo in the upper right corner will display the Lié software version.
You can access the Menu by clicking on the Menu button in the upper left corner of Lié. The Menu differs a bit, depending on whether you use a Touché or a Touché SE:
- New Plugin Preset : Lets you host a software instrument and create an empty plug-in preset in order to use Lié with your software instruments.
- New Hardware Preset (classic Touché only) : Opens an empty hardware Preset in order to use Lié with your hardware instruments.
- Save Preset : Saves changes of an existing preset. It will overwrite the current preset file.
- Save As Preset : Saves your current preset to a new file, which will be displayed in the Browser.
- Touché or Touché SE
- Memory View (classic Touché only) : Opens the Memory View, which lets you save Hardware Presets inside Touché’s internal memory. Learn more about Memory View
- MIDI Setup (Touché SE only) : Allows you to change the internal MIDI configuration that is active when Touché SE is in standalone MIDI class-compliant mode. Learn more about MIDI Setup
- Install firmware : Flashes the firmware on the Touché (SE) that is currently connected to the version included in the Lié software. Learn more about the firmware update process.
- Firmware version : Displays the firmware version of the connected Touché (SE).
- Preset Library
- Open Preset folder : Displays the preset folder in the Finder (Mac) or in Explorer (Win). All presets available in the Lié Browser are saved in this folder as individual *.tem files.
- Refresh Preset list : Updates Lié’s Browser. This is necessary when you made manual changes in the Preset Folder or installed a new preset pack without relaunching Lié.
- Plugin Manager : Opens the plugin manager, allowing you to point Lié to all the VST instruments on your computer that you want to host within Lié. Learn more about the Plugin Manager.
- Display virtual keyboard (standalone application only) : Shows or hides the virtual keyboard.
- Copy the logfiles to the desktop : Creates a system report file on the desktop, named “expressiveeLogfile.zip”.
- Select Device : Chooses the control port of the Touché (SE) that shall be linked to this instance of Lié.
- Reinit Device ID Request Blacklist : Can be used to fix conflicts with third party USB MIDI devices.
- Window Resize : Offers a set of magnification presets to adapt Lié's interface to your screen resolution.